Goodbye to all that...

Goodbye to all  that...

Monday 21 June 2010

the suspense is killing me...

Firstly, if anyone is still reading, apologies for the radio silence for the last 4 months. The evil world of work has sucked me right back in after four years at home, and I just haven't been able to find enough hours in the day.

I've just been alerted to the appearance of the Worst House in August's Real Homes. I'm not an RH subscriber, so I can't get my mitts on a copy yet ( Amy of South London Semi must be though, as she was the one to break the news!) If you see a copy, you'll be one up on me until it hits the shops...!

On the one hand, it will be a lovely souvenir and my mum and mother in law will be very proud...Also my daughter, who starts school in September, was only 2 then so it will be really sweet to have some of her if they made it in.

On the other hand...

- it was 18 months ago and I was still a bit shell-shocked from the build, so at the stage where I thought having a flushing loo and windows at the front of the house were pretty swanky. We hadn't really done much on the adornment front (not that we have now, but you know what I mean!)

- I didn't realise they might be photographing me, so neither outfit nor hair and makeup were exactly photo ready - doh!

-and worst of all, THEY TOOK PICTURES OF THE MASTER BEDROOM BEFORE IT WAS RENOVATED ( avocado bathroom suite, quite a lot of junk and cracked and sagging anaglypta ceiling anybody.) If those are in I will be very red faced ( in fact I am already just thinking about it!)

Amy - I think I shall have to take you up on your offer to post it to me if I can't find one tomorrow!

3 comments:

jacquelinespiers@yahoo.co.uk said...

Yes, I do have a subscription!! Very happy to post it to you, just send me your address to jacquelinespiers@yahoo.co.uk (LOL, my real name is jacquie, amy and oliver are my kids, hence using that for my 'online name')!!

The bedroom is in it, but it looks fine, there is a brass wall light that I suspect you didn't choose but other than that, it looks pretty spiffy! I think you will think it looks worse than it does to everyone else. Sadly no pics of your daughter, but a nice one of you in the living room. Anyway, I can get to the post office tomorrow if you like!
x
AO

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

Hi :) just got my copy and it all looks fab :) pity none of A but looks soooo nice you should be proud :) Lesley x

Lor said...

I haven't visited your website in a long time and I'm happy to see that things are going well. I think of the WH sometimes when I look at my "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster, an idea I stole from you. Hoping for new photos soon...
Laure (Paris)