Goodbye to all that...

Goodbye to all  that...

Saturday 26 June 2010

oh dear!

Amy very kindly sent me her copy of RH by first class post so the suspense was broken on Thursday evening after an extremely long day at work, and, luckily, a glass of wine. Thanks Amy - I am really very grateful! And thanks to both Amy and Lesley for your reassuring words about the pics.

I have been trying to keep it in perspective but I'm really not very pleased with two in particular of the photos they used - the ghastly (and enormous) one of the pre-renovation bedroom, complete with hideous brass light fitting, plug-in radiator, ratty old cushions I bought in India when I was 23 and horrid old blinds we put up when we moved in just to have something to shield us from the astonished gaze of the neighbours. ('No, really Frank, there's somebody living there. Yes - someone's moved into the Worst House in London! Pass my smelling salts, I'm feeling faint'.)

Also not very keen on the similarly huge one of the rear extension in January looking not very charming, with wires trailing down the back of the furniture and the neighbours' upstairs windows in shot, together with the back end of one of our garden chairs. Don't they edit/crop/airbrush such things out? Been considering buying up and destroying all copies in all the shops within a mile radius of anyone I know, but my husband assures me that would be a) very expensive and b) mad.

Hey ho. Be careful what you wish for I suppose. I am going to take up Amy's suggestion and post up some new pics on here of the bedroom looking infinitely more pleasant post-renovation, together with some other bits and bobs we have had done, if only to make myself feel better!




Actually - here's one of the bedroom I took relatively recently - at least (unlike in RH) it looks clean!












I did like the story though - I thought Janet did a grand job. And my parents in law will be pleased to see their old car (parked in front of the garage in the 'before' ) shot made it into a national publication!

10 comments:

houseenvy said...

I am sorry but I am now more desperate than ever to see it!!! I agree, more pics please!

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

what a shame you were disappointed although you made a few good points - we all have things around like plug in radiators etc but surely they would remove them from a photograph? I love your pic of your bedroom its looking fab :-)
its great seeing the worst house in a magazine though - it certainly deserves its 15 minutes of fame :-)
Lesley x

informationhub said...

Fantastic blog! I actually love how it's simple on my eyes as well as the data is well written. I am wondering how I may be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which really should do the trick! Have a nice day!


bedroom renovations london

Property and Services said...

its may be good for someone
Buying house in london with affordable price

Moss Bens said...

We are specialized in modern classic furniture too and in particular the swivel chair lounger by Charles and Ray Eames.I really hoped to see the photo of the Eames swivel lounge chair you purchased from swivel UK as you have mentioned that in one of your forum's posts.I just love the design too.

lisa said...

Wow, the rooms look really stunning. Also very relaxing.

house for sale philippines

Star Design UK said...

Great Blog,full of emtions,fun and liveliness..Hope to read some more follow up in the furture..

Anonymous said...

Blinds In London is a UK based business, supplying all types of residential and commercial properties, bespoke blinds.
Wooden Venetian Uk By Harmonyblindsofeastlondon
Blinds In London By Harmonyblindsofeastlondon.co.uk

Unknown said...

We are the provider of an executive range of used house furniture. We have just about everything you need to furnish your house. Select the furniture as per your requirements and get a great deal with it.

Unknown said...

All the information is so good and so important thanks for share this post.

listed buildings london
barn conversion essex
residential architects in london