Goodbye to all that...

Goodbye to all  that...

Monday 17 November 2008

Chintzorama?


Oh dear. I have done a very bad thing. I am going to be in so much trouble when my husband gets home. I have made a very large impulse purchase. I have bought a piano - and none of us can really play!

In my defence my son is about to start lessons and my husband and mother in law can play a bit. It wasn't very expensive, practically free in fact apart from delivery, as it's a very old upright that any knowledgeable musical people would know was fit only for the bonfire. Which is where it may end up if my husband is as cross as I think he's going to be.

We discussed the idea of having a piano vaguely in theory a while ago, and he wasn't entirely enthused, but neither did he veto the idea. We had one when I was a child and although I never did much more than play Chopsticks on it I still like the idea of having one around when you've got children in the house.

Anyway it's too late now because I've bought it. It arrived tonight while the kids were getting ready for bed and they certainly seemed delighted by it - but I suppose they would, being 6 and 2! I shall be trembling in my boots when my husband gets home - he's out at a work do. Perhaps if I switch all the lights out and go to bed he won't notice until the morning, and then he'll have to rush off to work before he can shout at me? Wish me luck...!

2 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

I think every good home should have a piano. Sadly we have no room for one but I lust after one on a daily basis.

Good luck!

Lesley (Notesfrommydays) said...

ooo Georgie I am so jealous I would love a piano :-) men dont notice things that are even right in front of their noses (mine doesnt anyway) so you will probably get away with it ;-D
Lesley x